“Change is usually something we want other people to do”
It’s a universal, that people don’t like change. It is also universal truth, that whether you like it or not – you’re likely to get it. Here’s some common responses.
- Ignore it: Pretend nothing has changed, and hope it will magically go away. This is common, but dangerous and risky.
- Resist it: Acknowledge the change, but try to stop it from affecting them.
- Manage it: Allow for the change, but try to work around it to preserve the status quo.
- Embrace it: Accept the change eagerly, and look at it as an opportunity and not a threat.
In fact, there's a fifth way as well:
- Lead it: Actually create the change themselves, rather than having to respond to it at all.
To learn more on how best to adapt to change in your organisation contact Cris: email@example.com or (+61) 0438 545 607.